The State Executive Committee has set a series of goals for the party to be accomplished by 1/31/18 in 3 areas of focus:
Party Size and Growth
- Precinct Committee Officer saturation of 40% with representation in all 39 counties.
- Maintain chartered affiliates in all 39 counties in the state.
- Have over 150 trained volunteer activists.
- Have over 3,000 official paid members of the Libertarian Party of Washington.
- Achieve #1 per capita National Party membership.
- Win the 2020 National Convention for the State of Washington.
- Elect 40 City Council members, School Board, or county level Libertarians – or at least one per county in some capacity.
- Recruit 50 Candidates for State Office elections in 2018, with early campaign support and organization preparation training.
- Win 2 contested primaries (this is when there is a R, D, and L on the ballot and the L gets at least 2nd place thus making it through to the general.) Steven Nielson won a contested primary in his 2014 LD race.
- Get more than 5% of the vote in the 2016 Presidential Election.
- Draft a major piece of legislation aimed at reducing the size or scope of government and get it sponsored and on the floor for a vote in Olympia
- Establish a unified Issues Platform for candidates and the state party. Located here.
- Create a citizen lobby group of Libertarians.